Re: DBE table ordering

To: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <>
Subject: Re: DBE table ordering
From: "Gleb O. Raiko" <>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 12:28:08 +0400
Cc: Keith Owens <>, "''" <>

"Maciej W. Rozycki" wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Apr 2002, Gleb O. Raiko wrote:
> > I dont't know about other tables and other arches. Perhaps, they need
> > sorting of some tables. But, definetely, sorting isn't required for mips
> > dbe/unaligned access tables.
>  Still it can be done for consistency.  It won't hurt, will it?

Sure, it won't hurt performance. Just looks stupid in this place.

Even if we'll add something like dbe_memcpy, which will require a lot of
addresses in the table in order ot get adequate performance, it'll be
still stupid. And answer your next question, dbe_memcpy is needed for
accesses to busses like VME where Bus{Abort,Error,Fail} are quite legal
and traditionally all of them are traslated to DBE.