DBE table ordering

To: "'linux-mips@oss.sgi.com'" <linux-mips@oss.sgi.com>
Subject: DBE table ordering
From: "Mark Huang" <mhuang@broadcom.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 15:21:56 -0700
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
search_one_table() in arch/mips/kernel/traps.c does a binary search for the
erring instruction address in the DBE table. What guarantee is there that
the table is in order by instruction address? It looks like the code hasn't
changed in a long time and it has worked for me since at least 2.4.3.
However, a top of tree (2.5.1) kernel crashes on me as soon as a get_dbe()
fails, because the table is out of order at link time---possibly run time if
there's some code that I missed that is reordering the table at __init. Any
ideas?

Thanks in advance,

--Mark