Re: broken devfs-support in SGI Zilog8530 serial driver

To: raoul@shuttle.de (Raoul Borenius), Borsenkow Andrej <Andrej.Borsenkow@mow.siemens.ru>
Subject: Re: broken devfs-support in SGI Zilog8530 serial driver
From: Russell Coker <russell@coker.com.au>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 14:38:35 +0100
Cc: "'Raoul Borenius'" <raoul@shuttle.de>, linux-mips@oss.sgi.com, devfs@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
You need some code similar to the following in the serial driver:

#ifdef CONFIG_DEVFS_FS
        serial_driver.name = "tts/%d";
#else
        serial_driver.name = "ttyS";
#endif

Of course if the original device nodes were named /dev/ttyZ0 etc then you
want "tts/Z%d".

Look at the Cyclades and Stallion drivers for examples of it being done
correctly.  Or tell me exactly the details of what you want and I'll send you
a patch.