RE: BootLoader on MIPS

To: "Jun Sun" <jsun@mvista.com>
Subject: RE: BootLoader on MIPS
From: "Y.H. Ku" <iskoo@ms45.hinet.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 18:09:13 +0800
Cc: "Marc Karasek" <marc_karasek@ivivity.com>, <linux-mips@oss.sgi.com>
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Ya,
I have traced the PMON code (www.carmel.com/pmon/) with NEC DDB5476 board
(linux package from Montavista),
(LSI Logic' Software Support Package for MIPS processors version 5.3.33)

However, though it seem clear that function "_go" of pmon/head.S transfer
control to client program
by "j k0" (a exception)
BUT I do not understand what information tha PMON transfer to LINUX-MIPS KERNEL
I found the KERNEL's entry is "kernel_entry" of ~arch/mips/kernel/head.S.
But, I can not find any information just like "board information" be
transferred well.
where is it!? using sp register with "j k0" command?
where is the memory setting be transferred?
What MIPS LINUX needed!?
(PPCBOOT to PPC-LINUX is clear with a board_info struct, initrd_start and
initrd_end ... and work well...

REALLY thanks for help,
--Ku