Re: PCI VGA Card Initilization (SIS6326 / PT80)

To: "Geert Uytterhoeven" <geert@linux-m68k.org>
Subject: Re: PCI VGA Card Initilization (SIS6326 / PT80)
From: "Girish Gulawani" <girishvg@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 08:46:36 +0900
Cc: "MIPS/Linux List \(SGI\)" <linux-mips@oss.sgi.com>
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
> > i have a PCI/VGA card PT80 with SIS6326 chipset. i am using MILO BIOS
source
> > code. but i am not able to access the internal buffer which is typically
at
> > 0xA0000. even the BIOS ROM (0xC0000) read fails to show default value
> > 0xA5A5. the expansion ROM is enabled in PCI by setting D0 bit to 1.
however
> > IO seems okay because the monitor actually switches from power down mode
> > normal mode. i have tried using both vgaraw1.c and vgaraw2.c files, but
no
> > success. could anybody help me to solve this problem.
> > many thanks.
>
> Are you using isa_readb() and friends to access ISA memory space?
> Did you set up isa_slot_offset correctly with the start address of ISA
memory
> space on your MIPS box?
no i am not using isa_readb() etc. infact i am accessing this area 0xA_0000
as Memory/IO in memory mode. i have seen the pci bus transactions, its
generating memory read and memory write commands. but due to some reason
that is still *unknown* to me generates master abort. i always get master
received master abort. could you tell me what could be the reason?