Re: DECStation kernel boot failure

Subject: Re: DECStation kernel boot failure
From: Jan-Benedict Glaw <>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 23:13:46 +0100
On Sat, 2002-03-16 11:31:18 +0000, Dave Airlie <>
wrote in message <Pine.LNX.4.32.0203161129110.28645-100000@skynet>:

> > That was the LANCE driver for the 5000/200, which is different from
> Does the copy on my website still work ?
> It was never merged as to do it properly required a re-write of the
> driver, which I never got around to, and I only had a DS5000/200, I still
> have one, but no build system at the moment ...

When I looked at that driver, the diff was quite small and only
included changes to in-driver code parts. So I _think_ it could
even run these days. I started to work on it some year ago, but
my changes are lost now - my laptop was stolen this week.

However, I think it could run. I can try to compile a kernel with
this driver, there's a running toolchain here:-)

Jan-Benedict Glaw   .   .   +49-172-7608481
         -- New APT-Proxy written in shell script --