Re: FPU inexact flag always set for dynamic programs

To: Kjeld Borch Egevang <kjelde@mips.com>
Subject: Re: FPU inexact flag always set for dynamic programs
From: Zhang Fuxin <fxzhang@ict.ac.cn>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 23:52:54 +0800
Cc: "linux-mips@oss.sgi.com" <linux-mips@oss.sgi.com>
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
hi,
>Is there something in /lib/ld.so.1 that invalidates the FP csr?
  maybe,
  I believe the root of problem is we don't clear used_math
for new execed processes so they inherit fpu contents from their
parent.
  Several days ago i posted a little patch to correct it,so your problem
doesn't occurs here any more. but it seems Ralf doesn't accept it.Maybe
you can try it.

在 2002-03-14 14:52:00 you wrote:
>Hi all.
>
>I've discovered that the inexact bit is always set at startup for a
>program. My test program fenvtest.c:
>
>#include <fenv.h>
>#include <stdio.h>
>
>int main()
>{
>        int retval;
>
>        retval = fetestexcept(FE_ALL_EXCEPT);
>        printf("%d\n", retval);
>        return 0;
>}
>
>And when I run:
>
>cc -o fenvtest fenvtest.c -lm
>../fenvtest
>
>I get:
>
>4
>
>and:
>
>cc -o fenvtest fenvtest.c -lm -static
>../fenvtest
>
>I get:
>
>0
>
>Is there something in /lib/ld.so.1 that invalidates the FP csr?
>

>/Kjeld
>
>--
>_    _ ____  ___                       Mailto:kjelde@mips.com
>|\  /|||___)(___    MIPS Denmark       Direct: +45 44 86 55 85
>| \/ |||    ____)   Lautrupvang 4 B    Switch: +45 44 86 55 55
>  TECHNOLOGIES      DK-2750 Ballerup   Fax...: +45 44 86 55 56
>                    Denmark            http://www.mips.com/

Regards
            Zhang Fuxin
            fxzhang@ict.ac.cn