Re: gdbserver

To: Daniel Jacobowitz <dan@debian.org>
Subject: Re: gdbserver
From: Lanny DeVaney <ldevaney@redhat.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 16:16:12 -0600
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
OK, I'll keep up with it.  I'm doing big-endian.

Lanny DeVaney
Red Hat, Inc.

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 01:22:08PM -0600, Lanny DeVaney wrote:

I've looked back through the archives and find some references to problems configuring and/or building gdbserver for mips-linux.

I'm attempting to build gdb/gdbserver with --target=mips-linux as well, using gdb-5.1.1. Have the earlier issues (they looked to be 1-2 years old) been resolved or am I still looking at a "manual build" process? I'm getting lots of errors with the build, although the configure seems to go OK. x86 host, linux-mips target.

Thanks for any help you can provide,

As Johannes said, use the current CVS snapshot.  MIPS/Linux support for
gdbserver was only contributed about a month ago.  I'd appreciate bug
reports if it does not work for you, especially as I only tested
little-endian.