Re: pci config cycles on VRC-5477

To: Jun Sun <jsun@mvista.com>
Subject: Re: pci config cycles on VRC-5477
From: Gerald Champagne <gerald.champagne@esstech.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 16:45:34 -0600
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Your understanding is correct.  I think this is a bug.

Do you actually see the bug happening? So far it has never hit me, but maybe due to the drivers that are loaded on my configuration.

Jun

No, I don't actually see it.  It's not a big window, and pci config
cycles don't occur very often.  I found it while learning the device.

I checked the ddb5476 and ddb5074 dirctories, and it looks like they
have the same problem.

It's a shame that the devices have only two windows into pci space when
having three windows would be much simpler...

Thanks for the response.

Gerald