Re: xfs

To: Pete Popov <ppopov@mvista.com>
Subject: Re: xfs
From: Keith Owens <kaos@sgi.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2002 20:17:00 +1100
Cc: linux-mips <linux-mips@oss.sgi.com>
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On 08 Mar 2002 10:22:07 -0800,
Pete Popov <ppopov@mvista.com> wrote:
>I see on SGI's web site that XFS is supported only on x86 and IA64. Has
>anyone tried it on mips?

Anybody wanting to port XFS to new architectures should start with
  ftp://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/download/patches/2.4.18
I split the XFS patches up so people can pick and choose which
components they use, it makes it easier to exclude code like kdb,
kbuild 2.5 or ia64 from the port.  Note the ia64 patch, you will need a
MIPS equivalent.

When you get it working, send us the changes from the split patches.