Linux for TI-Chip

To: Linux MIPS <linux-mips@oss.sgi.com>
Subject: Linux for TI-Chip
From: Carsten Lange <Carsten.Lange@detewe.de>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 16:13:39 +0100
Cc: Robert Fränkel <robert.fraenkel@detewe.de>, Carsten Lange <carsten.lange@detewe.de>
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Hello,

I have a problem running linux on a TI-chip. The board and the linux is quite
similar to the
MIPS-Malta-Board / Malta Linux port.
The chip sees physical RAM of 16 MB at 0x14000000. The kernel is loaded at
address 0x14020000.
The pagetable created is incredably large (about 7MB).

In free_area_init_core() totalpages and realtotalpages are calculated. In our
case totalpages is
approx. 86000 and realtotalpages is 1400. But allocation for the table is done
with totalpages, not
with realtotalpages.

How do I reduce the pagetable to its really needed size?

Any hints, ideas or solutions ;-) are welcome
        Carsten