Re: Warning: persistent break condition on serial port 0.

To: Linux MIPS <linux-mips@oss.sgi.com>
Subject: Re: Warning: persistent break condition on serial port 0.
From: Jan-Benedict Glaw <jbglaw@lug-owl.de>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 21:40:20 +0100
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Thu, 2002-03-07 20:59:48 +0100, Jan-Benedict Glaw <jbglaw@lug-owl.de>
wrote in message <20020307195948.GE25044@lug-owl.de>:
>                          Running power-on diagnostics...
> Warning: persistent break condition on serial port 0.
> Warning: persistent break condition on serial port 0.
>                            Starting up the system...
>                To perform system maintenance instead, press <Esc>

I've now modified the cable: it's only signal ground and the receiving
wire, so I really can only receive the Indy's messages. I cannot
send anything anymore, but I still get those messages. I think this
means that the box is now a paperweight: no way to access it, because
I cannot even set console to ttyS1...

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw   .   jbglaw@lug-owl.de   .   +49-172-7608481
         -- New APT-Proxy written in shell script --