Warning: persistent break condition on serial port 0.

To: Linux MIPS <linux-mips@oss.sgi.com>
Subject: Warning: persistent break condition on serial port 0.
From: Jan-Benedict Glaw <jbglaw@lug-owl.de>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 20:59:48 +0100
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Hi!

I've got an Indy R4k6 some time ago (I managed to run Linux on it using
nfsroot) and now I attempted to really install it. However, I've now
got some problem with the serial port: I can read the boot-up messages,
but I cannot intercept the bootstrap (as I could do it some weeks
ago):

                         Running power-on diagnostics...

Warning: persistent break condition on serial port 0.
Warning: persistent break condition on serial port 0.

                           Starting up the system...

               To perform system maintenance instead, press <Esc>

So I get warnings about a "persistent break condition", but that's
not caused by the cable I use (I've used it weeks ago and it worked).

Did I manage to kill the serial port? Any other hint on this?

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw   .   jbglaw@lug-owl.de   .   +49-172-7608481
         -- New APT-Proxy written in shell script --