Re: device support on indy WS !?

To: Ladislav Michl <ladislav.michl@hlubocky.del.cz>
Subject: Re: device support on indy WS !?
From: Andrea Venturi <a.venturi@cineca.it>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 14:50:34 +0100
Cc: Andrea Venturi <a.venturi@cineca.it>, linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Ladislav Michl wrote:
On Tue, 5 Mar 2002, Andrea Venturi wrote:

[snip]

1. audio hal2: i saw in the cvs.sgi.com kernel the OSS hal2.* files; what about the guenther alsa0.9 port? is it finished? what about iec958 spdif support?

I can't say anything about ALSA 0.9 port. I decided for OSS driver,
because I wanded to listen music and there was no driver. OSS is much
better documented interface than ALSA.

recording doesn't work and will not work until someone provide better
documentation.

btw, what is iec958 spdig?

it's a digital audio interface, for some info, see here:

  http://www.epanorama.net/documents/audio/spdif.html

in the indy there is a consumer mini-jack connector; you should be able to link a dolby surround digital amplifier or a dat or similar digital audio device..

see here:

  http://www.futuretech.vuurwerk.nl/i2sec3.html

BTW, on the mainboard, i can see the cs-8411, and there is the 8411.pdf inside the audio.zip doc package

2. isdn: there is a siemens isac-s chip (BTW i didn't see the hscx twin): is it supported now? it should be not to difficult to leverage the ia32-isdn hisax (passive) isac driver _if_ the hpc3 delivers the irq? what do you think about it?

there is currenty no support. any documentation available?

apart from the hpc3.ps on:

  ftp://oss.sgi.com/pub/linux/mips/doc/indy/

you should find the isac-s (peb2086) specs here:
http://www.infineon.com/cgi/ecrm.dll/ecrm/scripts/prod_ov.jsp?oid=13633&cat_oid=-9183

but i don't know if it's enough.. i mean, if we should know something more on the way the isac-s chip is linked thru the pbus to the hpc3 chip.

bye

andrea venturi