Compressed images?

To: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Subject: Compressed images?
From: William Jhun <wjhun@ayrnetworks.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 12:08:03 -0800
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
I've been looking through the recent linux-mips archives and it seems
there isn't a concensus about where to build compressed ((b)zImage)
images. We have been placing our code under arch/mips/boot/compressed,
though it seems that the latest oss tree doesn't have such a directory,
and the only reference I can find to building a compressed image is in
galileo-boards/ev64120/compressed/.

Should we be placing our boot image compression stuff in our
platform-specific directory? Are most MIPS-based Linux platforms not
using compressed images?

Thanks,
Will