Re: Is this a toolchain bug?

To: "Matthew Dharm" <mdharm@momenco.com>, "Linux-MIPS" <linux-mips@oss.sgi.com>
Subject: Re: Is this a toolchain bug?
From: Kevin Paul Herbert <kph@ayrnetworks.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 10:36:09 -0800
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
At 5:57 PM -0800 2/22/02, Matthew Dharm wrote:

The toolchain I'm using is the one from oss.sgi.com by H.J. Liu
(toolchain-20011020-1).  Because of the way the e1000 driver Makefile
works, I'm actually compiling it using the native compiler on-target.
I just tossed out most of intel's makefile so that I could build it as part of our cross-build (hosted on RedHat i386), building it as a module. When I was using the 3.0 driver, I hacked it to be built with the kernel (not a module at all). It was just a few minutes of makefile hacking, and may save you some grief.

There is a driver V4.0.7? I *just* picked up 3.5 a little while ago... can you point me at where on intel's website you got your driver?

Thanks,
Kevin