Re: Problem with delo

To: Jan-Benedict Glaw <>
Subject: Re: Problem with delo
From: Florian Lohoff <>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 10:51:11 +0100
> From my understanding, the stage-2 part is loaded by a known block
> list, but the kernel is then fetched with the help of the e2fs lib.

Which is in the first 512 byte of the DISK

> Delo contains an own version of this lib. Does it work with the
> current ext2 code? ...or is there maybe a Problem with only supporting
> the "old" ext2 code (from 2.0.x time)? I'll test this as soon as I've
> again placed the box on a desk.

Nope - The lib should be quiet recent - My guess was that either you
have a /boot partition and delo trys to follow an interpartition symlink
(Which it cant)

Delo needs a major cleanup - The ELF loader needs to be fully rewritten
which i already did in Konstanz (Untestet - Unfinished).

Florian Lohoff                     +49-5201-669912
Nine nineth on september the 9th              Welcome to the new billenium