System lockup problem. . .

To: <>
Subject: System lockup problem. . .
From: "Robert Rusek" <>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 19:45:06 -0800
I am running Kernel 2.4.3 on an SGI Indy (IP22).  I built the RedHat 7.1
system from the NFS root obtained from Everything seems to
be working until I added an additional drive.  Now when I do an heavy IO
operation on the additional drive my system locks up.  It seems like
there is not enough buffer allocated somewhere. I know that the drive is
not an issue since when I boot the system up under IRIX 5.3 all works
well..  Has anyone had a similar problem?  Where should I look?  Is is
an Kernel issue or a setting in the OS?

Thanks in advance,
Robert Rusek