Re: Is this a toolchain bug?

To: Daniel Jacobowitz <>
Subject: Re: Is this a toolchain bug?
From: Matthew Dharm <>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 18:30:51 -0800
Cc: Linux-MIPS <>
Okay, so I added that flag, and it actually seems to be correct.

But, the question remains, why does accessing that variable cause a
problem?  I'm going to do some more digging when I'm in the office
tomorrow, but one of the tests I already did was to put

e1000_proc_dev = NULL;

at one point in the code.  That line caused a crash with what looked like a
NULL-ptr dereference.

I'm going to re-examine this tomorrow, but I'm wondering if any of the
people on this list that are using this driver have CONFIG_PROC_FS turned

On Sat, Feb 23, 2002 at 09:06:08PM -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 22, 2002 at 05:57:08PM -0800, Matthew Dharm wrote:
> > If this is user-error, I'd love to know what I'm doing wrong.  If this
> > is a toolchain bug, who do I report this to?
> User error, at least what you've described.  Add the -r flag to the
> objdump command line, or look at a statically linked object.
> --
> Daniel Jacobowitz                           Carnegie Mellon University
> MontaVista Software                         Debian GNU/Linux Developer

Matthew Dharm                              Work:
Senior Software Designer, Momentum Computer