Re: Is this a toolchain bug?

To: Daniel Jacobowitz <dan@debian.org>
Subject: Re: Is this a toolchain bug?
From: Matthew Dharm <mdharm@momenco.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 18:30:51 -0800
Cc: Linux-MIPS <linux-mips@oss.sgi.com>
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Okay, so I added that flag, and it actually seems to be correct.

But, the question remains, why does accessing that variable cause a
problem?  I'm going to do some more digging when I'm in the office
tomorrow, but one of the tests I already did was to put

e1000_proc_dev = NULL;

at one point in the code.  That line caused a crash with what looked like a
NULL-ptr dereference.

I'm going to re-examine this tomorrow, but I'm wondering if any of the
people on this list that are using this driver have CONFIG_PROC_FS turned
on.

Matt

--
Matthew Dharm                              Work: mdharm@momenco.com
Senior Software Designer, Momentum Computer