Re: Anyone have the e1000.o driver working?

To: "Matthew Dharm" <mdharm@momenco.com>, "Linux-MIPS" <linux-mips@oss.sgi.com>
Subject: Re: Anyone have the e1000.o driver working?
From: Kevin Paul Herbert <kph@ayrnetworks.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 23:59:34 -0800
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
At 4:22 PM -0800 2/22/02, Matthew Dharm wrote:
Does anyone here have the e1000.o driver from Intel for their gigabit
ethernet devices working on a MIPS?

After overcoming the intitial CFLAGS problem, the darned thing just
seems to keep crashing on me during initialization.  I'm looking for a
datapoint to suggest that it's either (a) a problem with my linux
port, or (b) a problem with their driver.

Matt

--
Matthew D. Dharm                            Senior Software Designer
Momentum Computer Inc.                      1815 Aston Ave.  Suite 107

I have the e1000 driver working... I've had 3.0 and 3.5 working. The only changes that I made were related to the specifics of the software defined I/O pins. Are you sure that you have ioremap() and your PCI subsystem working correctly? Have you tested any other devices that use registers in PCI memory space, or just PCI i/o space?

Kevin