R3k and swap: Still no go?

To: Linux-MIPS <linux-mips@oss.sgi.com>
Subject: R3k and swap: Still no go?
From: Jan-Benedict Glaw <jbglaw@lug-owl.de>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 00:11:22 +0100
Cc: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl>
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Hi!

A year or two ago we've had a thread about r3k and swap. Currently,
the box will oops... There's a patch changing some magic numbers
in include/asm-mips/pgtable.h (attached against current CVS), but
it is not really acceptable: some numbers are changed but nobody
seems to know *what* this does mean. Ralf even mentioned that there
might be some bug in the whole paging mechanism hiding behind this.

Flo looked into this and his resume was that even the current
(oopsing) values *should* do the job IIRC. Maciej, do you have
a hint on this? I'm now using this patch, because it does make
the kernel useable, but I don't understand why...

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw   .   jbglaw@lug-owl.de   .   +49-172-7608481
         -- New APT-Proxy written in shell script --

--- Begin Message ---

--- End Message ---