Re: pthread support in mipsel-linux

To: Wayne Gowcher <>
Subject: Re: pthread support in mipsel-linux
From: Florian Lohoff <>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 09:52:12 +0100
Cc: Linux-MIPS <>
On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 10:45:58AM -0800, Wayne Gowcher wrote:
> It seems like getting pthread support for mips1 could
> be a lengthy and involved process.
> So I was wondering has anyone out there used pthreads
> for with mips1 with any of the redhat distributions on
> sgi ?

Its just the matter of ll/sc support - There are also some
"mips2" which lack ll/sc. There is some kernel emulation for ll/sc and
also SYSMIPS(MIPS_ATOMIC_SET) which should be enough to get pthreads
working on mips1.

Florian Lohoff                     +49-5201-669912
Nine nineth on september the 9th              Welcome to the new billenium