RE: set_io_port_base()?

To: Matthew Dharm <>
Subject: RE: set_io_port_base()?
From: Jason Gunthorpe <>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 20:03:34 -0700 (MST)
Cc: Linux-MIPS <>
On Wed, 20 Feb 2002, Matthew Dharm wrote:

> But isn't that what all the complicated logic in ioremap() is for?  It
> looks like it checks to see if it can directly address the I/O space
> via kseg1 and if not, set up a translation for it...

Yes, but ioremap does not remap io.. it remamps what linux dubs MMIO
regions. Look at drivers/net/8139too.c and check out the difference from
io and mmio. Linux's io* primitives expect an i386 like 64K IO port space,
which in mips land starts at the virtual address passed into

BTW, the 'eepro100' driver seems to default to MMIO operation so it should
not care about set_io_port_base.. You might want to crank up speedo_debug
and make sure of the mode.