math broken on mips

To: "linux-mips@oss.sgi.com" <linux-mips@oss.sgi.com>
Subject: math broken on mips
From: Zhang Fuxin <fxzhang@ict.ac.cn>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 15:57:4 +0800
Cc: "libc-alpha@sources.redhat.com" <libc-alpha@sources.redhat.com>, "gcc@gcc.gnu.org" <gcc@gcc.gnu.org>
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
hi,
   There are so many problems on math handling for linux-mips,including:
1. SNaN & QNan handling(both gcc & glibc)
2. gcc2.96 generates wrong code with -O2,at least
     one will lead to exception handling problem(reported by me)
     one will lead to some 'long long' type mishandling(reported by Atsushi
Nemoto)

   (gcc3.1 seems a lot better,but it has problem to compile glibc.I can't even
compile
 current glibc cvs code(with dl-conflict.c etc patched) with it. The best
result is
 a segment fault when using ld.so.1:
      ../elf/ld.so.1 --library-path
..:../math:../elf:../dlfcn:../nss:../nis:../rt:../resolv:
  ../crypt:../linuxthreads ./rpcgen -Y ../scripts -c rpcsvc/bootparam_prot.x -o
  xbootparam_prot.T
  make[1]: *** [xbootparam_prot.stmp] Segmentation fault
  )
3. problems with math-emu
4. other problems to be investigated for its cause,including this one,

       pow(2,7) = 128.0 when rounding = TONEAREST or UPWARD
                = 64.1547.. when rounding = DOWNWARD or TOWARDZERO

 when today i find out the above problem I was feeling almost despaired:(

 I want to fix these problems,if i could.But it concerns so many things that i
am not
 expert on and no time to dig:(. So any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards
            Zhang Fuxin
            fxzhang@ict.ac.cn