RE: ip22 watchdog timer

To: "Ralf Baechle" <ralf@oss.sgi.com>, "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl>
Subject: RE: ip22 watchdog timer
From: "Matthew Dharm" <mdharm@momenco.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 13:02:17 -0800
Cc: "Guido Guenther" <agx@sigxcpu.org>, <linux-mips@oss.sgi.com>
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Oddly enough, I have the exact opposite attitude...

I will barely accept inlined patches (to the usb-storage driver, which
I maintain).  About 85-90% of the inlined patches I get won't apply
cleanly because of whitespace mangling.  MIME-attachments (of type
text/plain) seem to have a _much_ higher success rate.

Yes, the transition was painful.  Heck, it still is.  Some versions of
Outlook still don't understand the RFC-compliant way of attaching a
digital signature to a message -- I get complaints from people every
so often that all they see is a blank message with two attachments,
one of which is the "message" itself, and the other is my signature.

Matt

--
Matthew D. Dharm                            Senior Software Designer
Momentum Computer Inc.                      1815 Aston Ave.  Suite 107