RE: ip22 watchdog timer

To: "Ralf Baechle" <>, "Maciej W. Rozycki" <>
Subject: RE: ip22 watchdog timer
From: "Matthew Dharm" <>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 13:02:17 -0800
Cc: "Guido Guenther" <>, <>
Oddly enough, I have the exact opposite attitude...

I will barely accept inlined patches (to the usb-storage driver, which
I maintain).  About 85-90% of the inlined patches I get won't apply
cleanly because of whitespace mangling.  MIME-attachments (of type
text/plain) seem to have a _much_ higher success rate.

Yes, the transition was painful.  Heck, it still is.  Some versions of
Outlook still don't understand the RFC-compliant way of attaching a
digital signature to a message -- I get complaints from people every
so often that all they see is a blank message with two attachments,
one of which is the "message" itself, and the other is my signature.

Matthew D. Dharm                            Senior Software Designer
Momentum Computer Inc.                      1815 Aston Ave.  Suite 107
(760) 431-8663 X-115                        Carlsbad, CA 92008-7310
Momentum Works For You