Re: ip22 watchdog timer

To: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl>
Subject: Re: ip22 watchdog timer
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@oss.sgi.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 16:06:01 +0100
Cc: Guido Guenther <agx@sigxcpu.org>, linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Fri, Feb 15, 2002 at 03:41:49PM +0100, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:

> > How true.  MIME - broken solution for a broken design ;)  More serious,
>
>  Why broken?  It's not broken for what it was invented to, i.e. for
> passing unsafe characters via SMTP.  Source patches do not qualify as
> containing such.

The transition time from pre-MIME to MIME was pretty painful.  If you'd
have gone through the same pains that I did during the MIME introduction
you'd probably understand why I call it a broken fix for a broken system.
Fortunately now that the childhood problems have been solved MIME looks
alot saner but still I prefer plaintext for patches.