Re: ip22 watchdog timer

To: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Subject: Re: ip22 watchdog timer
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@oss.sgi.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 05:56:20 +0100
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 06:27:11PM +0100, Guido Guenther wrote:

> attached is an updated patch for the ip22 watchdog timer. Please apply.

Patch doesn't apply cleanly.

***************
*** 574,579 ****
     fi
  # we always need the dummy console to make the serial console I2 happy
     define_bool CONFIG_DUMMY_CONSOLE y
     endmenu
  fi

--- 574,584 ----
     fi
  # we always need the dummy console to make the serial console I2 happy
     define_bool CONFIG_DUMMY_CONSOLE y
+    bool 'Watchdog Timer Support'   CONFIG_WATCHDOG
+    if [ "$CONFIG_WATCHDOG" != "n" ]; then
+       bool '  Disable watchdog shutdown on close' CONFIG_WATCHDOG_NOWAYOUT
+       tristate '  Indy/I2 Hardware Watchdog' CONFIG_INDYDOG
+    fi
     endmenu
  fi

Anyway, the comment about the I2 looks suspicious ...