Re: [patch] linux 2.4.17: The second mb() rework (final)

To: "Kevin D. Kissell" <>
Subject: Re: [patch] linux 2.4.17: The second mb() rework (final)
From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 13:45:21 +0100 (MET)
Cc: Matthew Dharm <>, Ralf Baechle <>,,
On Tue, 12 Feb 2002, Kevin D. Kissell wrote:

> >  Obviously there are as "sync" is standard for MIPS II and above.  That's
> > why only CONFIG_CPU_R3000 and CONFIG_CPU_TX39XX disable "sync".
> According to the (rather old) Tx39xx specs at my disposal,
> those parts should also support the SYNC instruction.  Does
> anyone know for a fact that some of them do not?

 I set these values according to what I found in arch/mips/setup.c --
Tx39xx are marked as MIPS_CPU_ISA_I, but obviously if they still implement
"sync" as an extension they should be marked to enable the code that uses
it.  The patch should be applied as is anyway -- until it's clear if all
members of the Tx39xx family implement "sync", it's better to leave their
configuration in the current state.