Re: gcc include strangeness

To: Johannes Stezenbach <js@convergence.de>
Subject: Re: gcc include strangeness
From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 18:06:34 +0100 (MET)
Cc: Florian Lohoff <flo@rfc822.org>, linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Mon, 11 Feb 2002, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:

> I would certainly be interested in getting my hands on those
> patches. Do you mind if I ask why they did not go into
> gcc-2_95-branch CVS?

 RPM packages are available at my site --
"ftp://ftp.ds2.pg.gda.pl/pub/macro/";.  They used to be recommended tools
for glibc 2.2 for MIPS/Linux before gcc 3.0 was released.

 As to why they did not go into the CVS?  Well, I wasn't aware gcc 2.95.x
was maintained until after 2.95.3 was released (but patches that were
relevant either went in to 2.96 or were rejected).  And now we have 3.x.

 If 2.95.x is still maintained and you feel the patches would be useful
for inclusion, feel free to commit them.  The change log in the spec file
contains descriptions of the purpose of every patch.

  Maciej