Re: Comments on new Linux MIPS FAQ...

To: "Steven J. Hill" <>
Subject: Re: Comments on new Linux MIPS FAQ...
From: Florian Lohoff <>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 18:04:16 +0100
On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 09:22:24AM -0600, Steven J. Hill wrote:
> First off, this is not a replacement for the awesome FAQ at
> SGI maintained by Ralf. The FAQ I wrote addresses 32-bit and
> 64-bit Linux kernel/userspace questions (well, starts to). I
> would greatly appreciate comments from everyone on this. You
> can read it here:
> Please send me comments and corrections and make sure you copy
> the mailing list(s). After the corrections settle down a bit,
> we can come up with a name and get it hosted on SGI's site or
> the site or even my site, I don't care.
> The inspiration for this came from Matthew Dharm's questions as
> well as my management asking about 32-bit versus 64-bit Linux
> kernels and wanting to know current toolchain status. Thanks.

My impression is that the number of FAQs grows rapidly - I would
like to see them all be integrated into the one and only Linux/Mips
FAQ as it makes pointing people to informations a lot easier.

I dont think this distributed information storage of Linux/Mips helps
keeping people together.

Florian Lohoff                     +49-5201-669912
Nine nineth on september the 9th              Welcome to the new billenium