Comments on new Linux MIPS FAQ...

To: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com, binutils@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Comments on new Linux MIPS FAQ...
From: "Steven J. Hill" <sjhill@cotw.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 09:22:24 -0600
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
First off, this is not a replacement for the awesome FAQ at
SGI maintained by Ralf. The FAQ I wrote addresses 32-bit and
64-bit Linux kernel/userspace questions (well, starts to). I
would greatly appreciate comments from everyone on this. You
can read it here:

   http://www.cotw.com/mips/mips64.txt

Please send me comments and corrections and make sure you copy
the mailing list(s). After the corrections settle down a bit,
we can come up with a name and get it hosted on SGI's site or
the http://www.linuxmips.net/ site or even my site, I don't care.

The inspiration for this came from Matthew Dharm's questions as
well as my management asking about 32-bit versus 64-bit Linux
kernels and wanting to know current toolchain status. Thanks.

-Steve

--
 Steven J. Hill - Embedded SW Engineer