RE: More data: I've made a CVS build that doesn't crash!

To: "Matthew Dharm" <mdharm@momenco.com>, "Linux-MIPS" <linux-mips@oss.sgi.com>
Subject: RE: More data: I've made a CVS build that doesn't crash!
From: "Matthew Dharm" <mdharm@momenco.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 17:23:43 -0800
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Well, I'm closer... and more confused.

I've managed to make a 2.4.3 build which does not exhibit any of the
instability or crashing... but I did it by disabling half of the
memory!

In linux/arch/mips/gt64120/momenco_ocelot/setup.c is some code to read
a PLD and add a memory region.  64MByte is already added much earlier,
and now we're adding the rest.  The board I'm testing on is 128MByte,
so it tries to add another 64MByte region which is physically
contiguous to the first region.

As far as I can tell, all of my memory works perfectly.  I'm going to
do some more tests, but both vxWorks and OpenBSD run on this board
without any problems.

So, can anyone think of some likely culprits for what is wrong here?
Some piece of code which only works with addresses under 64MByte,
perhaps?

Matt

--
Matthew D. Dharm                            Senior Software Designer
Momentum Computer Inc.                      1815 Aston Ave.  Suite 107