Does Linux invalidate TLB entries?

To: "Linux-MIPS" <linux-mips@oss.sgi.com>
Subject: Does Linux invalidate TLB entries?
From: "Matthew Dharm" <mdharm@momenco.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 17:03:42 -0800
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
I'm still trying to track down the cause of all my problems, so I'm
going over the RM7000 errata.

I see one here that I'm not sure if it's a problem or not.  It only
applies to OSes which invalidate TLB entries and thus will cause TLB
Invalid exceptions (as opposed to a TLB refill exception, I think).

So, does Linux invalidate TLBs?  I've been looking at the code, and I
think the answer is 'no', but I'm not really sure.

Matt

--
Matthew D. Dharm                            Senior Software Designer
Momentum Computer Inc.                      1815 Aston Ave.  Suite 107