Re: Help with OOPSes, anyone?

To: Matthew Dharm <mdharm@momenco.com>
Subject: Re: Help with OOPSes, anyone?
From: Pete Popov <ppopov@pacbell.net>
Date: 29 Jan 2002 08:47:04 -0800
Cc: linux-mips <linux-mips@oss.sgi.com>, Manoj Ekbote <Manoj_Ekbote@pmc-sierra.com>
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Mon, 2002-01-28 at 22:18, Matthew Dharm wrote:
> Do you know who, precisely, got the CD?  I'm going to try to chase this
> down, but exact names would be helpful.

I believe Manoj has access to it and I added him to the CC without
asking ;-)

> Also, when you push that material out to the community, when did you do
> that?  That is, if your work is 2.4.2-based, is it reasonable to assume
> that 2.4.2 or 2.4.3 in the CVS repository will work?

No, not necessarily.   Sometimes I push out patches for new boards even
if the support is not fully baked yet. But typically I wait until I've
got something useful going.  That means that the work might have been
done locally, on a 2.4.2 snapshot, and submitted once it was stable.
However, oss might have been up to 2.4.5 at that point; that, and
whatever delay is introduced because Ralf is too busy to immediately
apply the patches means that a MontaVista 2.4.2 based release does not
necessarily equal oss 2.4.2.

> Or do you take a more "fire and forget" sort of approach?

I'm not sure what you mean by that.  Hopefully the above is clear
enough.

Pete