Does anyone know how HHL boots?

To: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Subject: Does anyone know how HHL boots?
From: Matthew Dharm <mdharm@momenco.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 01:50:42 -0800
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
I'm somewhat curious...

MontaVista has HHL support for several MIPS boards... including one that my
company makes.  We've never actually seen their HHL distribution for our
board, tho... and we're wondering, how does it boot?

I mean, our boards have an elementary boot loader that can load a kernel
from the network, and disk-booting is something we're trying to figure out.
But how does HHL accomplish this?  And is it a general solution for
multiple platforms?

Matt

--
Matthew Dharm                              Work: mdharm@momenco.com
Senior Software Designer, Momentum Computer