Re: ide dma in latest cvs

To: Jun Sun <jsun@mvista.com>, linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Subject: Re: ide dma in latest cvs
From: Gerald Champagne <gerald.champagne@esstech.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 14:03:45 -0600
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Did you check what the address is and why it is zero?  It seems to me this
might be key ...

I see what the address is and why it's set to zero.  The address is the
address of a block of data to be transferred using dma, and it's set to
zero because the new interface in blk_rq_map_sg() passes parameters in a
page field instead an address field.  It looks like this is part of the
bio changes for 2.5 that work for x86 but haven't been updated for Mips.

I figured that someone else must have run into this and it sounds like
someone did.  I'll try what Vivien Chappelier recommended in his response.

Thanks.

Gerald