Re: patches for test-and-set without ll/sc (Re: thread-ready ABIs)

To: Machida Hiroyuki <machida@sm.sony.co.jp>
Subject: Re: patches for test-and-set without ll/sc (Re: thread-ready ABIs)
From: Ulrich Drepper <drepper@redhat.com>
Date: 21 Jan 2002 22:56:17 -0800
Cc: kevink@mips.com, hjl@lucon.org, libc-hacker@sources.redhat.com, linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Machida Hiroyuki <machida@sm.sony.co.jp> writes:

> Please let us why. Acctually, glibc includes codes copyrighted by
> SUN and gcc includes codes copryrighed by HP and SGI.

It contains public domain code and the rest of the code is assigned.
If there is a header saying that somebody from a company wrote the
code this is mentioned but the person also has a document signed.

If you cannot live with this the code cannot be accepted.  Any further
discussion you have to have with the legal people at the FSF.  I've no
time for this.