ide dma in latest cvs

To: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Subject: ide dma in latest cvs
From: Gerald Champagne <gerald.champagne@esstech.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 17:48:24 -0600
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Does the latest CVS version work with an IDE controller in DMA mode?

I have an NEC VR5432 based system working with the IDE controller, but it
crashes when used in dma mode.  I've tracked it down to the following code
called from ide_build_sglist():

- blk_rq_map_sg() is called to build a list of blocks to be transferred.
  It sets address = NULL for every entry (other fields like "page" are
  set to valid values).

- dma_cache_wback_inv(addr, size) is called for each block entry.  This
  routine crashes because the address parameter is always set to zero
  when the routine is called.

I see that this is part of the new bio code recently added.  Should I expect
this code to work, or is it not yet working for the mips platform?

Thanks.

Gerald