Re: IndyCam software

To: James Mclean <james@adam.com.au>
Subject: Re: IndyCam software
From: Ladislav Michl <ladislav.michl@hlubocky.del.cz>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 07:08:23 +0100 (CET)
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Fri, 18 Jan 2002, James Mclean wrote:

> I am interested in dual booting with Irix also, but first would like to
> establish if there is any preliminary support for the IndyCam before
> installing
> linux-mips.

hi James,

you should follow these steps:
* install linux anyway :)
* get linux kernel from cvs
* download stuff from ftp.psi.cz/pub/ladis/vino/ and see README
* happy hacking ;)

note for those who are waiting for vino support: yes, i'll start to work
on driver again. i wrote audio driver meanwhile and learned many usefull
things (many thanks to dwmw2 for patience), now i know that vino driver
have to be rewritten and i'll do so when audio driver appears in cvs.

regards,
ladis