Re: MIPS64 status?

To: John Heil <mipsdev@scsoftware.sc-software.com>
Subject: Re: MIPS64 status?
From: Dominic Sweetman <dom@algor.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 18:55:52 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: Ralf Baechle <ralf@oss.sgi.com>, Jason Gunthorpe <jgg@debian.org>, Matthew Dharm <mdharm@momenco.com>, linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com

Algorithmics P-6064 (http://www.algor.co.uk/algor/info/p6064.html)

> ...With >4G memory capacity ?

A mere 2Gbytes today - we've got two DIMM slots and 1Gbyte SDRAM DIMMs
are readily available.  The 1Gbyte boards have 32 x 256Mbit chips, but
I think there may even now be boards with more chips "stacked" in
pairs.

We've got no significant addressing restrictions on the memory
controller and the existing DIMM modules still have address lines
remaining...  We can support even larger memories when and if the
DIMMs show up.