Compilers question

To: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Subject: Compilers question
From: Rabeeh Khoury <rabeeh@galileo.co.il>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 21:02:19 +0200
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Hi All,

This is not MIPS Linux issue, but I couldn't find out a better place to post it :)

I have an application I'v compiled with certain toolchain (for MIPS and other targets), and I want to distribute the application in binary (no loadable modules or dynamic linked libraries, just plain C files with headers files that gives out certain API - sort of a low level driver for hardware access only).

What I need to know, is how I can make sure that when another person gets my binaries he can link them with his application and work well ?

The factors that I can identify till now are two -
1.. Distribute the binary in ELF format (are there any compilers that
don't support ELF ? )
2.. Compile the binary that it is ABI compliant

Please add more factors that should be checked, or even suggest another approach to overcome this problem (other than I get the other person tool chain and compile the sources myself).

Thank you a lot,
Rabeeh