RE: MIPS64 status?

To: "Jason Gunthorpe" <jgg@debian.org>
Subject: RE: MIPS64 status?
From: "Matthew Dharm" <mdharm@momenco.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 12:00:01 -0800
Cc: <linux-mips@oss.sgi.com>
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
See, it's answers like this that make me skeptical and confused...

So MIPS64 denotes 64-bit data _and_ address?  Great.  But, what is the
current state of the toolchain?  I mean, what point is having the code
if the tools won't compile it properly?

I guess what I'm looking for is what I should tell someone who wants
to run MIPS Linux 64-bit with 8 gigs of RAM.

Matt

--
Matthew D. Dharm                            Senior Software Designer
Momentum Computer Inc.                      1815 Aston Ave.  Suite 107