Re: libtool warning on redhat 7.1 native mipsel compile

To: "H . J . Lu" <hjl@lucon.org>
Subject: Re: libtool warning on redhat 7.1 native mipsel compile
From: Adrian.Hulse@taec.toshiba.com
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 12:08:12 -0800
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
I don't know for sure just yet, the package takes a long time to compile.
The last time I compiled the package it failed to build - whether it is due
to the warnings or not I don't really know - maybe not.

 But as a result of trying to get the package to compile I came across the
"mips-1" problem and thought I'd post my findings to the list, as it seems
to have the potential to affect a lot of builds.

                    "H . J . Lu"

                    <hjl@lucon.org       To:     Adrian.Hulse@taec.toshiba.com

                    >                    cc:     linux-mips@oss.sgi.com

                                         Subject:     Re: libtool warning on
redhat 7.1
                    01/11/02 11:56        native mipsel compile

                    AM

On Fri, Jan 11, 2002 at 11:53:42AM -0800, Adrian.Hulse@taec.toshiba.com
wrote:

> I have come across many libtool warnings when native compiling redhat 7.1
> packages on my mips board.
>
> An example warning is :
>
> *** Warning: This library needs some functionality provided by -lc
> *** I have the capability to make that library automatically link in when
> *** you link to this library. But I can only do this if you have a
> *** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.

Does that cause any problems?

H.J.