sdram remapped to non-zero address

To: "'linux-mips@oss.sgi.com'" <linux-mips@oss.sgi.com>
Subject: sdram remapped to non-zero address
From: Manoj Ekbote <Manoj_Ekbote@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 18:13:18 -0800
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Hi,

I got the latest kernel off the cvs tree and am running it on a board(CPU-
RM5710) whose physical address has been remapped
 to 0x8000000, the virtual address being 0xa8000000.

The kernel fails while trying to allocate memory for the initbootmem map table.

In the setup_arch() routine of arch/mips/kernel/setup.c, the "start_pfn"
variable gets a greater value than "max_pfn" before the
call to init_bootmem().
 I have done relevant changes to the call to add_memory_region() routine in
arch/mips/alpine/setup.c.
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_INITRD is not set.

Manoj