RE: linux on keyboardless system

To: Marc Karasek <marc_karasek@ivivity.com>
Subject: RE: linux on keyboardless system
From: balaji.ramalingam@philips.com
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 10:06:25 -0800
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com

Thanks for you reply Marc
I 'm not using busybox
I tried both init (with /etc/inittab , /etc/fstab ...) and also replacing init
with /bin/sh.
In both the cases I was able to get the shell prompt.
But not able to enter anything after that.

regards,
Balaji

                    Marc Karasek

                    <marc_karasek@iv           To:  Balaji
Ramalingam/SVL/SC/PHILIPS@AMEC
                    ivity.com>                  linux-mips@oss.sgi.com

                                               cc:

                    01/10/02 05:30             Subject:  RE: linux on
keyboardless system
                    AM

                                               Classification:

What are you using for init?  Is it busybox by chance.  If so there was a
bug in a past version that would cause this.  It had to do with not setting
CREAD properly I believe.