Re: linux on keyboardless system

To: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl>
Subject: Re: linux on keyboardless system
From: balaji.ramalingam@philips.com
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 10:03:22 -0800
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Thanks for the reply.
Yes I have the CREAD flag set in my uart drivers. (in the function rs_init() in
serial.c).

                    "Maciej W.

                    Rozycki"                To:  Balaji
Ramalingam/SVL/SC/PHILIPS@AMEC
                    <macro@ds2.pg           cc:  linux-mips@oss.sgi.com

                    .gda.pl>                Subject:  Re: linux on keyboardless
system

                    01/10/02                Classification:

                    04:23 AM

On Wed, 9 Jan 2002 balaji.ramalingam@philips.com wrote:

> I'm tried booting linux 2.4.3 on my prototype system which does not have
> a keyboard and a monitor. I used the uart as my serial device and passed on
> the console=ttyS0(com1 in my pc) to the kernel. I can see the shell prompt
> after the kernel
> bootup but not able to enter anything after that.

 Assuming that you have handshaking and modem control set up correctly, do
you have the CREAD tty flag set for your console device after boot?