Re: limited Memory question...

To: machael thailer <dony.he@huawei.com>
Subject: Re: limited Memory question...
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@conectiva.com.br>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 09:35:20 -0200
Cc: Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk>, linux-mips@oss.sgi.com, Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo <acme@conectiva.com.br>
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 11:13:22AM +0800, machael thailer wrote:

> "24M" contains some debugging information. I compile it using "-g".
> code+data sections is only about 7.4M.
>
> Can you describe your solutions in more details?

No way to load such a module into such little memory.  The only possible
solution is to drastically rewrite your module and move everything
possible into a userspace process.  For userspace processes swapping is
possible ...

"Embrace, Enhance, Eliminate" - it worked for the pope, it'll work for Bill.