keyboard config with serial console

To: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Subject: keyboard config with serial console
From: balaji.ramalingam@philips.com
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 11:51:24 -0800
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Hello,

I'm trying to boot linux 2.4.3 on mips core.
I'm using a ttyS0 device (uart com 1) as my serial console.
I get a shell prompt but not able to do anything after that because of
my keyboard drivers not configured.
Itseems that in order to configure keyboard drivers one should define
CONSOLE_VT. I just have a serial uart and I dont know if I can use a
CONFIG_SERIAL and CONFIG_SERIAL_CONSOLE and still
configure my keyboard.

I think many keyboard function calls are linked with the virtual terminal
related files. Is it possible to configure the keyboard drivers with a
serial console?

Have anyone tried this before?
Please advice

regards,