Oops in do_mounts.c file.

To: <linux-mips@oss.sgi.com>
Subject: Oops in do_mounts.c file.
From: "Dan Aizenstros" <daizenstros@quicklogic.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 12:57:00 -0800
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Hello all,

I am getting an oops in the mount_root function if I
pass root=/dev/nfs to my 2.5.1 kernel.

I am also getting an oops in the mount_block_root
function if I pass root=/dev/hda3 to my 2.5.1 kernel.

The problem appears to be related to the following two
lines in the init/do_mounts.c file:

static char * __initdata root_mount_data;

static char * __initdata root_fs_names;

The __initdata macro appears to be incorrectly used.

In include/linux/init.h the explanation for the macro
says the __initdata should appear after the variable
name.  It also indicates that the variable shoud be
initialized.

The attached patch fixes the problem.

-- Dan A.