Re: Newport Xserver 2001-11-21

To: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Subject: Re: Newport Xserver 2001-11-21
From: Guido Guenther <agx@sigxcpu.org>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 00:44:25 +0100
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Thu, Jan 03, 2002 at 07:52:13PM +0100, Houten K.H.C. van (Karel) wrote:

> Hi Guido,
>
> I'm experimenting with your Xserver for my indy, currently running
> the 2.4.16 kernel. I've used a local compiled Xserver before, but that
> was with an older kernel. Now, using 2.4.16 and your Xserver, I get the
> following errors:
Which 2.4.16? The one in the debian archive works. The X-Server
parses /proc/cpuinfo to check if it runs on an Indy(yes, thats ugly)
since we still have now proper GIO64 bus interface. Ralf recently
changed some things in /proc/cpuinfo that broke this parsing. He
reverted these changes later, so current oss cvs kernels should provide
the necessary information in /proc/cpuinfo again.
 -- Guido